Time and Location
Monday August 21st, 2017 @ 9:00am in room E189. Test will be 90-120 minutes.
Note: Be sure to arrive early, If you are late for any reason, you will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Binary codes and number representations and binary arithmetic
- Combinatorial logic design with gates, logic minimization, decoders, encoders, arithmetic logic circuits, functional diagrams, race conditions, glitches
- Flip-flops, latches, registers, counters, sequential logic design, Mealy/Moore finite state machines
- Microprocessor control path and data path components and design
- J. Wakerly, Digital Design Principles and Practices, 4th edition, Prentice Hall, 2005
- David Harris and Sarah Harris, Digital Design and Computer Architecture, Morgan Kaufmann, 2007