MS CMPE Advising Procedure

1. Based on advising topics, go to the Computer Engineering Department front desk and pick up the appropriate request forms, as listed below:
Form Number Purpose of Advising
1.1 CPT
1.2 OPT
1.3 Reduce course load
1.4 Letter for change of status to F-1
2.1 Transfer from other program
2.2 Reinstatement after disqualification (not in use)
3.1 Establish and update Program of Study
3.2 Take non-CMPE department/program courses
3.3 Transfer course credit
4.1 Take CMPE290R to extend CMPE295B or CMPE299B
4.2 Waive technical writing requirement
5.2 Overlapping course registration
7.1 File Candidacy form (complete via CMPE295A/299A/ 298 class Canvas)
7.2 Course substitution (to substitute a course listed on the Candidacy form)
7.3 Apply for graduation (complete via CMPE295A/299A/ 298 class Canvas)
8.1 Leave of absence
8.2 Withdraw from SJSU
2. Complete the form as well as its required attachments stated in the form
3. Submit the form and its attachments to the Computer Engineering Department front desk
Normally, the requesting student will be notified about the decision (approval, denial, or making appointment with the MS CMPE graduate advisor) in one week.


Contact Email Addresses

When necessary, students can contact the MS CMPE graduate advisor or the Computer Engineering Department front desk via email, as listed below:
MS CMPE Graduate Advisor: advisor-mscmpe-group[at]sjsu[dot]edu
CMPE Department Front Desk: frontdesk-computer-engineering[at]sjsu[dot]edu 
Note: emails sent to addresses other than the above will not be replied to.

Websites for non-MSCMPE Advising Topics

Office of the Registrar:
Bursar’s Office:
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS):
Office of Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations (GAPE):
Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Programs (GUP):